Nowadays people became afraid for their lives. There is no surety that nothing will happen with you during your trip. It can be both minor and major loss. Maybe you luggage can be stolen, or your plane can be crushed. So if you love travelling, then travel insurance is just a necessary precaution. People who love to travel always have the goal to visit Singapore once in their life. It’s a small island, but there are lots of things to explore. Travel insurance makes your journey secure and helps you to achieve your goal.
Type Of Travel Insurances
Travel insurance covers medical expenses, any losses or accident expenses like flight accident, lost luggage etc. and travelling cancellation charges. There are different types of travel insurance for your Singapore trips:
- If you are a frequent traveller, then you can secure your trip with Annual insurance. But this insurance will not be applicable if your trip does not start and end in the same place. In that case, One-way insurance will be helpful for you.
- Single person travel insurance is the cheapest, and it is the choice of most travellers who like to explore all alone.
- Group plan has been categorised mainly for people in the business. You can also enjoy discounts on this category.
- Another important category is based on where you are travelling. International trips require heavy cover because every place has its different official laws, cultures etc.
- Pregnant women can suffer from different problems. This category covers personalised affairs for them. It does not cover those who are in the last stage of their pregnancy.
- Disable persons, senior travellers (above 70), Persons who have existing medical conditions do not have any separate category. If they want security while travelling, they can apply for a customised policy.
- People who love road trips, choose to try risky activities (like bungee jumping, sky driving etc.), who are travelling to attend any event, can have the facility of travelling insurance.
Cheap travel insurances
The amount of travel insurance depends on its category. For example, you cannot demand cheap insurance when you are planning an international trip. But you are read the terms and conditions of different company’s insurance policies, and then you can figure out which company is providing higher rates and why. If you want to compare different company’s insurances, then you can do it easily by visiting particular websites which can give you cheap travel insurance. The price also varies the validity of the insurance and how many areas it is covering.
Insurance usually covers mandatory requirements, remote area problems, sudden medical emergencies, dental expenses, flight-related complications, personal liability and even emergency need of cash. Elimination of a few areas can reduce the price a little bit. But that also may not be applicable in each company. If you can find the cheap compared to other companies, then remember that any misunderstanding in future can ruin your all efforts behind the insurance. So always read every clause and if necessary, discuss them with the agent. It is evident that only thought of travelling can make you excited, but it will not move you in the right way.
There are loads of people travelling Singapore every day without travel insurance. They don’t take it as a vital part of a journey. But they should because no one can guarantee your future. Any situations can appear where your backup plans may not be applicable. And people cannot travel with lots of stress. So, if you are confused about whether you should buy travel insurance or not then first you need to why it is important and exactly how it will help you.
Why Are Travel Insurances Important?
Life can be uncertain. Especially when you are travelling, there are lots of possibilities for emergencies. Travel insurance takes care of maximum possible conditions. Here are a few examples of situations that will make you realise why travel insurance is essential.
- Loss Of Passport Or Baggage: The plan takes care of the emergency items, expenses while issuing a duplicate passport, in case of baggage can’t be recovered-basic expenses, as much as to be compensated.
- Flight Missed: You can either claim compensation money of the flight expenses or can request for urgent cash.
- Medical Emergencies: The plan gives you cashless hospitalisation and the necessary expenses while having an emergency medical situation on the trip.
- Pre-Existing Illness: Only customised travel insurance plans have facilities for pre-sick travellers.
- Human-Made And Natural Calamities: The plan gives you enough financial support that you can face both man-made and natural calamities.
- Suddenly Found Lack Of Cash: The plan is a shield between the traveller and awkward situations. They will help you and help you to recover every odd situation that can hamper your trip. At the end, peace of mind
What Travel Insurance Covers?
Now when you learned about your possible situations, here explained how travel insurance would recover you from the circumstances.
- Cancelled Trips: Travel insurance confirms that most of the expenses that might turn into nothing but waste will be recovered. People obviously will not miss their flight intentionally. Anything can happen in their way to the airport. Travel insurance gives you the guarantee that you will not be a complete waste.
- Medical Expenses: Travel insurance includes primary medical insurance, but not secondary medical issues. Regular travel insurances cover possible situations. Not something that is uncertain.
- Additional Coverage: Travel insurance protects you from possible accidents that can happen depending on travelling places. Like a car accident during a road trip, identification theft, certain risks from scuba diving, skydiving, bungee jumping etc.
Mainly when you are going somewhere with your family, the whole family depends on you. They came to spend their trip following your direction. They should be your priority. Ignore your second thoughts and secure your trip. Enjoyment should not be turned into punishment. Always remember that if you have any significant loss during the trip, you can only for the rest of your life. So take precautions and have a safe holiday.